Ultrasound scanners can be used for a vast array of purposes in dog breeding. From early detection of pregnancy and fetal health to determining the sex of the fetus, ultrasound can help you better manage your breeding projects.
With that said, it is important to understand what type of scanner will work best for your needs based on breed size, location and budget constraints.
When it comes to dog breeding, you’re sure to want the best equipment that you can get your hands on. While a number of factors are important when deciding which dog ultrasound scanner is right for you, including price and performance, one thing above all else will be key: reliability. No matter how much money you spend on your equipment (or even if it was free), if it breaks down halfway through a job or fails to function at all then there is no point in having spent any money on it!
5 best portable ultrasound scanners for dog breeders overview
Dog breeders are always looking for the best way to enhance their business. One of the most efficient ways is through ultrasound scanners, which allow them to conduct health assessments and examine internal organs such as reproductive systems or kidneys.
If you’re a dog breeder, then you know how hard it is to raise and care for your dogs.
Aside from the time that’s required for feeding, playing with them, and providing proper shelter, you also have to make sure they get adequate medical attention.
Portable ultrasound scanners are used by dog breeders to obtain images of the reproductive organs of female dogs. The information gained from these images helps breeders determine if a female is ready for breeding, pregnant or in the early stages of pregnancy and even can determine the number of fetuses.
Choosing the best portable ultrasound scanner for your dog breeding requirements can be time consuming and challenging without helpful information.
Vet Image Solutions Portable Ultrasound Scanner
The Vet Image Solutions KX5600v is a portable ultrasound scanner designed for small animal vets and serious dog breeders looking for maximum portability.
The KX5600v has the power of a Veterinary Surgi-Tec 5000; however, it’s lighter by 4 kgs due to its innovative design making it more suitable for scanning pregnant dogs using transrectal or transabdominal approach.
This instrument features two probe connectors with one touch navigation to make scanning simple and fast–even in animals that are difficult to scan like very pregnant females
Contec CMS600P2 Laptop B-Ultra Sound Scanner
The Contec CMS600P2 Vet is a portable ultrasound scanner with a 10.1 inch LCD display that combines multi-frequency linear scanning and real time B-mode imaging on a single unit.
It features an easy to carry, battery powered design with long-lasting rechargeable Li-ion batteries for use around the farm or other remote locations where power may not be readily available.
The CMS600P2’s rechargeable lithium ion battery is designed for nomadic use because it lasts up to 2 hours between charges so you’ll never be without power and can scan multiple animals before having to re-charge.
- Laptop notebook veterinary B-ultrasound diagnostic system.
- YOUR ULTRASOUND KIT INCLUDE: Ultrasound scanner with 10.1 inch LCD display. Multi-frequency rectal linear probe (A7.5-80L40-A16A Mainly applied to the in vivo diagnosis of large animals) Rechargeable Li-lon battery. Power adapter Power cord Screwdriver Carrying bag
- Perfect for animals like equine/horse,sheep,cow,swine, bovine and other animal use.
- 1x) Multi-frequency rectal linear probe (A7.5-80L40-A16A Mainly applied to the in vivo diagnosis of large animals)
- 10.1 inch LCD display
MSU3 Portable Ultrasound Machine with 3.5MHz Transducer
MSU3 Portable Ultrasound Machine: The ‘must have’ full function 3.5 MHz machine that fits in the palm of your hand, no matter where you are or what you’re doing!
This mobile ultrasound sets a new standard for image quality and workability at an unbeatable value – from MSU’s brilliant engineers.
Featuring an enhanced contrast resolution up to 40 lines/mm, time stretch to improve compression imaging duration (up to 10mbps), the finest mechanical sector probes available with pinpoint scanning/imaging down to 0.05 mm.
Farmscan L60 Compact Handhold Veterinary Ultrasound Scanner
At the core of this veterinary hospital grade handheld ultrasound is an easy to use interface and a 3 hour Li-ion battery.
The device will take clear, sharp images of large and small animals alike with premium image quality – it pays for itself in just one day!
Three depth settings provide optimal imaging conditions for diagnosis as well as motion correction.
The Farmscan L60 mobile veterinary ultrasound system can be used to scan pregnant females quickly and reliably, return a diagnosis very quickly and determine that the animal has no complications at all.
It’s waterproof field working bag provides assurance that your device is protected from the worst possible weather conditions.
- CE & ISO Certificate. Warranty: Main unit: 2 Years; Probes: 1 Year. Free Lifetime upgrade to new versions.
- Image mode: B,M, 2B, B/M, 4B; Premium image quality, considerate design for comfortable, fast and reliable detection of pregancy and gynecological diagnosic in difficlult field conditions on a dairly basis.
- Versatile and easy use for all veterinary applications on bovine, equine, swine, etc;
- Li-ion battery with 3 operating hours; Images and videos export via USB 2.0 with 450 frame cine loop inside
- Software & Report for reproductive system, and measurement for distance, area, circumference, volume, angel, heart rate, etc.
YAOUFBZ The New Vet/Veterinary/Animal Portable B-Ultrasound Scanner
YAOUFBZ is a hand-held veterinary ultrasound machine designed to provide accurate diagnosis on animals anywhere for both owner and veterinarian.
It features a 5.6-inch LCD screen, clear images with high resolution and stable echoes so that the diagnosis would be done within minute even before the animal could reach the clinic or while traveling out in the field.
You can take this portable scanner everywhere you go no matter where you are – at your home, or at work sites – giving you an option for diagnosing pregnant animals.
- ✔ Hand-held design, easy to carry and easy to use. You can make a more accurate diagnosis anytime, anywhere, whether in the animal hospital or outdoors.
- ✔ It can accurately predict the condition of pregnant animals and reduce ineffective feeding time. It is the best choice for animal breeding bases and pet hospitals for sheep, pigs, dogs, cats and other animals.
- ✔ Equipped with a 5.6-inch LCD screen, the image resolution is high, and the image is delicate and clear. The machine is easy to operate and accurate in diagnosis.
- ✔Accurate values-the whole machine has clear, stable images and high resolution, suitable for various clinical diagnosis needs
- ✔ The stored data can be copied, the number of images is unlimited, and the storage is unlimited. Can detect pregnancy, estimate the number of fetuses, fetal heartbeat, etc.
Buying a dog ultrasound machine is not like walking into your local electronics store and buying the first product you see.
There are so many factors involved here, such as the size of your home, the dogs to scan and how often they need to be scanned.
These will all factor into which model is best for you.
The best portable ultrasound scanners for dog breeders should be lightweight, easy to use and have simple controls.
All of the above products have been tried and tested and you can be certain that, whatever your needs and final choice, you will have chosen a product that is well made, durable and that will last for years to come.
Last update on 2021-07-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API