Dog cages and crates for cars are the safest and best way to transport a dog in the car. They are strong and provide a barrier between the dog and your car’s body should you have an accident.A good cage will provide your dog with a comfortable and secure means of travel where he can settle down without being thrown around the inside of the vehicle.
There are many dog cages for cars available to buy, but not all of them are built to withstand an accident and many will simply fail to protect your dog when or if the time comes. Often wire based cages, although lightweight and cheap, will simply bend or even fall apart when stresses are placed upon them.
It is important that you provide your dog with the best protection that you can afford when he is travelling in your car and that any dog box will fit into your vehicle and will provide your dog with enough room to be comfortable.
The best option is to go for an dog crate that has been made from aluminium and aluminium composite materials. These currently provide some of the best protection combined with reasonable weight and ease of cleaning.
In a hurry?
If you don’t have much time use the links below to quickly find the Best Overall Dog Car Crate for you on Amazon. You can be assured we only choose the best products…
You should not just put your dog in the car and speed off without making sure that he is safe.
Dogs face the same potential for being hurt in an accident as human occupants and, if your dog is not suitably restrained or protected then he could come to serious harm in the event of a collision.
Dogs should not travel on the front seats, they can be seriously injured or killed by exploding air bags and they are generally at greater risk if they sit in the front. A front seat travelling dog can also present distractions to the driver which could be catastrophic.
Safest Dog Car Crates Overview
1. Nobby Round Corner Aluminium Car Box
- Particularly stable, safe and quiet
- Door opens upwards with air pressure piston
- With lockable screw cap
- Bevelled front and back for optimal use of the boot
- Rounded plastic corners to protect the car interior
2. PaylesswithSS Aluminium Transport Box
- Anti-slip Thermo-blankets: protects against the cold, machine washable
- Angled sides: ideally shaped for optimal use of space in the car boot
- Door with safety lock: ensures your dog stays inside
- Straps - Dimensions: approx. 250 x 2.5cm (L x W)
- Practical lightweight transport cage for dogs
3. Lightweight Aluminium Dog Car Crate
4. Nobby Aluminium Carbox
- Especially stable, safe and quiet
- Walls, roof and base made of weather-resistant and impact- and break-proof aluminium composite panels
- Bevelled front and rear side for optimal use of boot space, rounded plastic corners to protect the car interior
- Double box for one large dog or two smaller dogs with removable separating wall.
- With emergency door: rear wall can be quickly removed, simple to assemble
All of the above dog car crates are good, solid and safe options for transporting your dog in the car. If we were to choose one then it would be the Nobby Round Corner Dog box. This is a good sized dog box which will fit into most vehicles and has much more space than you would think.
With a good sturdy build quality, reasonable weight and no annoying rattles when driving it is our box of choice.
- Cocker Spaniel Crate
- Car travel for dogs
- What is the best travel crate for a working English Cocker spaniel?
- Do Cocker Spaniels need coats?
- Can English Cocker Spaniels live in apartments?
- Camping with a spaniel – what to take and how to prepare
Last update on 2022-10-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API